Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 West 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
Contact: Alisha Caraballo
The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) provides transportation services for 150,000-200,000 customers on a typical weekday, or about 45 million rides annually, through a variety of services, including HealthLine, bus, Paratransit, light rail, heavy rail, and vanpools. RTA is the 2019 recipient of the prestigious American Public Transportation Association (APTA) Gold award for Bus Safety & Security Excellence. We are proud to be one of northeast Ohio’s major employers with a workforce of over 2,100 employees carrying out our mission of providing safe, reliable, clean and courteous public transportation.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive benefits and programs to support the health and wellness of employees and family members including health benefits (medical, dental and vision), a wellness incentive program and participation in the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS.)
Engineering Project Manager - Bridges
Duties: Oversees, coordinates and reviews the activities of Technical Consultants and Contractors both directly and through assigned staff. Performs project management duties for the GCRTA Capital Program relating to the design, construction and ongoing improvements of rail, highway and pedestrian bridges. Oversees other agency bridge projects affecting GCRTA rail and bus right of way. Participates and presents in inter- and intra-departmental committees, stakeholder and outside agency meetings. Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
• Applicant must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
• Requires at least eight (8) years previous experience in structural engineering, including design and construction of bridges for at least four (4) years. Ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines with multiple stakeholders is required.
• Experience in a transit or railroad environment is preferred. Experience must include at least four (4) years’ experience as a project manager for bridge design and construction projects, preferably in a government agency or railroad setting.
• Applicants must be familiar with building codes and regulations in the State of Ohio. Knowledge of Federal Railroad Administration and/or Federal Transportation Administration and/or ODOT regulations and standards preferred.
• Applicants must be licensed as Professional Engineers in the State of Ohio, or be able to obtain such licensure by comity within 6-months of appointment to the position.
• Ability to perform ODOT-format bridge inspections and complete reports.
• Ability to lead, manage and develop staff in engineering roles.
• Applicant must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, Class D with no more than four (4) points in the past three years.
For additional information: