Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
3900 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Contact: Talia Seals
Manages, directs, and controls successful execution, delivery, quality, and performance of stormwater design and construction projects under the District’s Regional Stormwater Management Program (RSMP). Ensures processes, procedures, practices, and outcomes are in line with the District’s standards and the goals and objectives of the RSMP. Directly supervises engineering, design, and construction teams and their efforts. Oversees the construction work of all RSMP projects to ensure work is within budget constraints, achieves schedule goals, and meets quality standards. Manages workload, resources, priorities, and multi-discipline project teams within the District, and acts as contact point for issue resolution. Directly supervises Design Manager, Construction Supervisors, and Construction Technicians. Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
- Works closely with the Manager of Stormwater Inspection and Maintenance and the Manager of Watershed Technical Support to develop annual prioritization and selection of RSMP projects.
- Oversees and ensures the successful transfer of stormwater assets from design, through construction, and to long-term operation and maintenance with the Stormwater Inspection and Maintenance group. Monitors close-out activities for each project.
- Participates in the nomination and validation of individual projects as part of the annual Stormwater Construction Plan development process.
- Oversees the scope development for individual projects to support the Design Manager and Project Managers.
- Develops and presents long-term forecast (beyond one year) and staffing needs for the design and construction components of the RSMP.
- Develops and establishes program requirements for all Stormwater Construction Projects including standard operating procedures, audit items, and appropriate contracting mechanisms.
- Understands the funding source requirements for all projects.
- Works with the District’s Legal Department to secure all necessary project agreements, property, and easements in a timely manner for the successful implementation of the annual Stormwater Construction Plan.
- Reviews and approves the project plan and schedule for the individual projects as prepared by Project Managers. Monitors and evaluates for scope, schedule, and budget against project deliverables.
- Manages and performs resource allocation, loading, and projections. Assigns Project Managers and Construction Supervisors for individual projects. Assists Project Managers and Construction Supervisors with obtaining appropriate resources to deliver projects. Reviews and approves major changes in projects.
- Reviews and approves Request for Proposal (RFP) agreements, bid packages and/or contracts for projects under the Stormwater Construction Plan. Attends internal pre-bid meetings. Provides final recommendations for contract award and project completion. Partners with Legal Department to review language and terms.
- Resolves program level coordination issues with customers and stakeholders.
- Provides constructability reviews for each scope of work. Monitors quality services during construction and inspection activities and monitors weekly contractor progress. Establishes construction guidelines for the RSMP.
- Assists Project Managers and Construction Supervisors with resolving significant consultant and contractor issues.
- Supports weekly and monthly construction progress meetings.
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the design and construction components of the RSMP.
- Manages program-level change/risk, develops program-level change strategies, recommends changes, and makes necessary changes to the design and construction components of the RSMP to meet KPIs.
- Reports the status and progress of the design and construction components of the RSMP. Ensures that established Project Management processes, tools, and information systems are used by project team members on all projects. Ensures compliance with District health and safety guidelines for assigned staff.
- Manages the work of subordinates, and ensures work is completed correctly. Encourages cooperation between team members. Creates and fosters a positive team environment. Emphasizes the importance of accomplishing work objectives and stimulates interest in projects and achieving objectives.
- Oversees and monitors key contractual and financial activities associated with the RSMP including invoices and pay applications as well as the approval of work and change orders.
- Provides program coordination and arranges program review meetings as needed. Coordinates closely with the Deputy Director of Watershed Programs.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Candidate must possess Bachelor degree, preferably in Engineering, Construction Management, or closely related field.
- Candidate must possess ten (10) years of progressive responsibility in the execution, delivery, and performance of timely, high quality engineering and/or construction projects on or under budget. Candidate must possess experience in managing procurement processes, and vendor/contract interaction. Experience in the construction industry is preferred.
- Experience must include five (5) years of supervising, managing, and/or leading people, projects, and/or processes.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record in accordance with the District’s acceptable guidelines.
- Preferred possession of a Professional Engineers (PE) license or closely related technical license held in Ohio or another state that supports the technical aspects of construction.
- Preferred possession of a Certified Construction Management (CCM) certification or other related accredited certification.
KNOWLEGDE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Candidate must possess knowledge in engineering and construction applications, methods, and practices.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, working drawings, and project schedules and tools is essential. Strategic project management skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, process improvement, and "what if" thinking are imperative for success, as is the ability to effectively present recommendations to stakeholders. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- MENTAL: Candidate must frequently compare, analyze, and communicate information; must instruct, communicate, coordinate negotiate with others while exhibiting strong interpersonal skills.
- PHYSICAL: Candidate must possess the mobility to operate computers and office equipment, which may require repetitive arm and hand movements. The employee frequently sits and occasionally walks and climbs. The employee often talks with others.
- VISUAL: Candidate must possess near acuity (i.e., clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) to read printed material or material on a computer screen. Candidate must possess far acuity (i.e., clarity of vision at 20 feet or more) and depth perception (i.e., three-dimensional vision) when working in the field.
- NOISE: Candidate will typically work in a quiet environment, but at times may be exposed to loud noise.
- ENVIRONMENT: Candidate may be exposed to extreme weather, atmospheric conditions, wet and/or humid environments, hazards, and confined/restricted working environments up to 30% of a typical work day. Candidate must wear eye and ear protection and breathing apparatuses in the plant and/or field. Candidate may work in the field up to 30% of the time.
- RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: Candidate must possess the ability to wear required respiratory protection devices in accordance with the Sewer District Policy, including not having facial hair that interferes with the face piece-to-face seal.
DISCLAIMER: The information outlined in this job description indicates the general nature and type of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive inventory of all
TYPICAL PAY RANGE $95,534- $119,417
For additional information: